Blogger Templates

Friday, January 15, 2010

Change.....

That is my word for 2010.  Over at the Scrapping Turtle forum, one of the members starts the new year with a word that will reflect the upcoming year.  She has challenged everyone to do the same, so I chose "Change".  I don't mean change my husband (although some days I might consider it!!) or family, I mean changes in my lifestyle (meaning I don't need the latest and greatest in scrapbook supplies, or electronic gadgets etc., this will be a tough one).  I need to change my eating habits and better handle on my health, I turned 43 on Tuesday and I need to start taking better care of myself before I begin to have age related health problems (I can not believe I just wrote that!!).  My house (inside and out) needs a good purging and refreshing.  I could do with a new hair style, it has been pretty much the same since ...... well a long time, I believe I got it cut really short when Hannah was born, almost 11 years ago.

So here is where I am starting.  I started The X-Weighted Challenge on this past Saturday and it goes for 26 weeks.  I don't need to lose a lot of weight according to the web site, but I really, really need to get in better physical shape.

I think, so far I have had a pretty good start, I have put in 2 hours of exercise this week, and feel extremely exhausted today, so I am taking my rest day today.  My eating still needs working on, I need to be better prepared when I have errands to do, and stop hitting a drive thru for coffee, or lunch, that will be my downfall.  With my birthday being on Tuesday, my friend came over with these little goodies




And of course I had to eat 1 or 2.  Restraint, I need to really practice restraint!!  I will keep you up to date on my journey

And now I am off to do a layout for a game going on at the forum called "Pass the Turtle Shell".  It is where you take a little something from the previous persons layout and make it your own, then it gets passed to the next person and so on.  This is the third month we have been doing it and it is a lot of fun.  I will post the layout I make once they are all revealed.

Have a great day!!!
Shelley

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this challenge!!! I am cheering you on!!!

    ReplyDelete